Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy 50th

This past weekend I returned to Northern Ontario (home town). It was my dad's surprise 50th birthday. Family members from all across Canada were there, and needless to say it was an awesome time. He had no clue what was going on and the entire event went off flawlessly.
Upon my return I decided to visit the bar.....we'll call it the KaGe hahah. Anyway It was extremely weird being there on a "regular weekend". Regular being a weekend without students returning for Christmas, or Thanksgiving. My siblings and I entred into what seemed like a totally different world, knowing only a handful of people in the joint, and receiving equally awkward stares from those who have replaced us as "locals" (I'm sure I'm not the only one to have experienced this). I almost thought I had wandered into a totally new bar (hard to do with only 2 in the town), until I strolled up to the counter and ordered a pitchure of "purple helmet" no glass......SUCCESS!! as the barkeep handed me my dirt cheap pitchure of purple delicious and I took my first "piture sip!!" I knew I was home.

Happy Birthday Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment